There are enormous employment opportunities in Maritime field. Candidates who have finished the basic course can get a job very easily through various consultants and placement agencies. Merchant navy fleet consist of cargo ships, container ships, barge carrying ships, tankers, bulk carriers, refrigerators ships, passenger ships, as well as roll off/roll on ships. The possibility of finding employment in cargo ships is more as compared to the others. Merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying cargo across the globe. Without the merchant navy, much of the import export business would grind to a halt. Therefore trained personnel are required for various departments of the ship and this widens the scope for employment in this field.
They are offered jobs in the following major areas :
- By various shipping companies in the government and private sector.
- Foreign shipping companies also offer good job prospects.
2) What is Merchant Navy ?
- >>The Merchant Navy is the fleet of Merchant vessels that are registered in a country which various type in capacity. Seafarers on merchant vessels who hold various military like ranks and responsibilities and are sometimes members of various
- >>maritime trade unions are required by the international conversion on
- standards of training certification and watch keeping for seafarers to carry
- >>Mariner’s document.
- >>INDIAN Merchant Navy
- >>The birth of the modern Indian Merchant Navy occurred before independence from the United Kingdom, when in 1919 SS Loyalty sailed from India to Britain.Today, India ranks 15th in the world in terms of total DWT. India currently supplies around 12.8% of officers and around 14.5% of ratings to the world seafaring community. This is one of the highest of any country.
- Benefits Of Merchant Navy
- i) Inspiring Adventure
- ii) Lucrative Pay-Packages
- iii) Tax Benefits
- vi) Destinations Galore
- v) Confluence of Cultures
- vi) Paid Over Time
- vii) Fun/Travel & Adventure
- viii) Less-demanding Qualifications
- ix) Golden Opportunities After Retirement
- x) World Class Life Style
- xi) Regulated life-style
- xii) Extended Vacations
- xiii) Insurance and Claim Benefits
- xiv) Meal And Accomodation Facility
- xv) Enhances Professionalism
- xvi) Extensive Exposure
Process Of Joining Merchant Navy
- >> Common Entrance Test (CET)
- >> Interview
- >> Technical Training
- >> Standard Training Certificate of watch keeping (STCW)
- >> Indos No.
- >> Passport
- >> CDC License